NJ Top Docs Presents October’s Healthy Recipe – Parmesan Baked Asparagus Fries
Parmesan Baked Asparagus Fries
Our Marketing Coordinator, Jessica, just recently made this easy and healthy alternative for french fries this past weekend and HIGHLY recommends!
We all know you’re picking up the kids and cabbing them around to their sports and activities during the week. Sometimes, it seems easiest to give into the allure of a quick, greasy fast-food drive-thru meal.
Replace those salty french fries with these Panko/Parmesan Baked Asparagus Fries, and you’re kids will beg for more!
- 1 Cup Panko (Japanese Style Breadcrumbs found in the Asian food aisle)
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
- 1 Pound Asparagus, Trimmed
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Large Eggs, Beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 Degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko and Parmesan Cheese, Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Working in batches, dredge asparagus in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place asparagus in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve Immediately.