June 2015: Healthy Recipe of the Month – Grilled Portobello-Goat Cheese Pitas
Grilled Portobello-Goat Cheese Pitas
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 Teaspoon olive oil
- 4 (6-inch) pita rounds
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) package portobello mushrooms
- 2 Medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thin slices
- 1/3 Cup (3 ounces) goat cheese
- 1/2 Cup chopped fresh basil
Preheat a grill pan over medium heat.
Combine garlic and oil; brush evenly over pitas. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper evenly over pitas. Place pitas in pan, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper evenly over mushrooms and tomatoes. Place mushrooms in pan; cook 6 minutes or until tender, turning once. Remove mushrooms from pan. Add tomatoes to pan; cook 1 minute.
Spread goat cheese evenly over pitas. Arrange the mushrooms and tomatoes evenly over pitas. Sprinkle with chopped basil.