Protect your heart and increase your energy levels
(ARA) – One of the secrets to enjoying life while aging is to take care of your heart. Heart health is important for Americans to discuss with their doctors, as heart disease is the No. 1 killer of both men and women in the United States.
In addition to following a good diet and exercise program, taking an antioxidant supplement like coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is also a good practice to help maintain a healthy heart, according to Dr. Hemmi N. Bhagavan, director of the Department of Nutrition Science at Tishcon Corporation.
CoQ10 is a vital vitamin-like nutrient and an antioxidant found naturally in the body. Unfortunately, our bodies start producing less CoQ10 as we age. The main job of CoQ10 is to facilitate conversion of food into energy. CoQ10 is recognized for the following:
* Supporting heart and vascular health – The heart is one of the most important organs in the body, and therefore it’s a good idea to provide your heart with all the tools it needs, like CoQ10, to keep beating.
* CoQ10 can help maintain blood pressure levels already in the normal range – High blood pressure affects many Americans due to diet, genetics and/or lack of exercise, and can lead to heart disease or stroke. About one in three American’s suffer from high blood pressure, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Keeping your blood pressure at a lower level helps to keep your heartbeat strong.
* Helps produce energy – CoQ10 helps your cells burn food, producing energy. Having more of this nutrient in your body can help boost your energy.
* Increasing antioxidants – Antioxidants fight off free radicals that can cause damage in your body
* Benefitting statin drug users – Statins can interfere with the production of CoQ10, because CoQ10 is synthesized in the same way the body produces cholesterol. Twenty-two percent of Americans over the age of 45 take a statin drug, according to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey in 2010.
“A heart-healthy supplement is highly-recommended for patients, especially patients who are taking statin drugs to help lower their cholesterol levels,” says Bhagavan. “A CoQ10 supplement like Qunol Ultra CoQ10 can help promote better heart health, and boost a patient’s energy levels at the same time. Qunol Ultra CoQ10 is both water and fat soluble, meaning its absorption is much higher (300 percent better) than traditional CoQ10 supplements that are solely fat soluble, providing the user with health benefits faster.”
Visit www.qunol.com to learn more about how a daily CoQ10 supplement can give you an energy boost while also protecting your heart health.