(ARA) – Vacations give you a break from the daily grind and provide the opportunity to leave your everyday responsibilities at home. Certain tasks shouldn’t be forgotten while on vacation, however, especially your oral care routine.
Taking a few minutes to take care of your pearly whites won’t ruin your vacation, and it could save you trouble down the line. Since you’re sure to be all smiles during your trip, keeping your teeth healthy, clean and white can also make you more confident for your vacation photos and videos. Following these tips can make it easier for you to smile with confidence during your vacation:
* When making the preparations for your trip, venture down the travel aisle at your local convenience store to pick up some travel-sized toothpaste, floss and mouthwash containers. It might also be a good idea to buy a toothbrush you can dedicate specifically to travel, along with a travel container to avoid making a mess in your luggage.
* Be sure to schedule an appointment with your dentist before your vacation if you haven’t made it to your regular checkup or have a toothache that’s been causing you trouble. The last thing you want is to have your vacation sidelined due to an emergency visit to the dentist.
* You may find yourself eating more candy or drinking more soda than usual, especially if you are on a road trip spending lots of time in your car. If possible, consume in moderation. Take extra care to brush and floss thoroughly and regularly if you do consume a lot of sugary foods and beverages.
If you wear dentures, there are also a few steps you can take to avoid any problems that could derail your vacation itinerary:
* Always pack backup dentures in case your primary dentures break or get lost. That way, you can deal with any replacements or repairs when you get home.
* Be sure to pack the appropriate denture-care products for your trip. Pack a cleanser like Fixodent Denture Cleanser Plus Scope to maintain fresh breath throughout your vacation or one with whitening abilities like Fixodent Denture Cleanser Advanced Whitening to maintain your bright smile while you’re meeting new people. Many cleansers and adhesives also come in travel-sized containers.
* Bring a container that you can fill with warm water to clean your dentures. This can help eliminate hassles if the hotel where you are staying doesn’t have the appropriate-sized container.