New Jersey is home to a comprehensive network of acute care hospitals and specialty hospitals.
Our “Top Hospitals” have been awarded Centers of Excellence, achieved high rankings in Inside Jersey Magazine, US News and World Report, Castle Connelly and other hospital research organizations. There are many hospitals to choose from in NJ, so take a look around and find the one that best meets the needs for you and your family.
- There are 111 total hospitals in New Jersey, including specialty hospitals. There are 73 acute care hospitals in New Jersey.
- NJ Hospitals deliver over 100,000 babies each year
- NJ Hospitals perform over 300,000 surgeries each year
- New Jersey hospitals employ about 140,000 individuals. Collectively, healthcare is the largest private sector employer in New Jersey and ranks second only to government as the state?s largest employment sector.
- New Jersey hospitals care for more than 18 million patients each year.
- NJ hospital emergency departments provide care and comfort to 3.7 million individuals annually.