Lisa M. Silbret, M.D. & Alan Schechter, M.D.
At Dr. Silbret’s and Dr. Schechter’s office, we practice intelligent, compassionate, and comprehensive care in a warm and supportive environment. When searching for a dermatological evaluation and treatment you need a dermatologist who is experienced, understanding, and professional. You get this caring attitude from all the staff members at Dr. Silbret’s and Dr. Schechter’s practice every day. Our staff works together as a team to be sure we are responsive to your needs and health concerns.
Lisa M. Silbret, M.D., F.A.A.D.
Dr. Silbret now brings her sophisticated clinical and surgical skills, scientific in depth understanding of human skin, as well as her compassionate care right here to New Jersey. Together with her colleague Dr. Alan Schechter, her office strives to provide comprehensive care and excellence in cosmetic, medical, and surgical dermatology.
- Dr. Silbret attended The University of Pennsylvania as an undergraduate.
- She went on to graduate as part of the Alpha Omega Honor Society from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine where she received her M.D. degree.
- She was awarded the prestigious Janet E. Glasgow award for Achievement of Women In Medicine and the International Health Fellowship Award.
- After graduating medical school, she completed her medical internship at The New York Hospital of Cornell University Medical Center in New York City and furthered her clinical experience at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital.
- At the Montefiore/Einstein Medical Center, Dr. Silbret was chosen to be Chief Resident of her Dermatology residency program.
- In addition to her academic accomplishments, Dr. Silbret has also been active in dermatological research. At the Rockefeller University, she assisted in the investigation of melanoma skin cancer and has presented her clinical research in pediatric dermatology at the New York Dermatologic Society.
- Janet E. Glasgow Achievement of Women in Medicine Award
- International Health Fellowship Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- American Academy of Dermatology (Silbret)
- American Board of Dermatology (Silbret)
- Leadership Circle for Volunteerism at Mount Sinai (Schechter)
Alan L. Schechter, M.D., P.h.D.
Dr. Schechter’s experience in dermatology, patient care, and medical research is coupled with a genuine concern for his patients. His goal is to help his patients achieve and maintain healthy, beautiful skin.
- Dr. Schechter obtained his Ph.D. from Princeton University in the field of molecular biology and thereafter was a postdoctoral fellow at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- He received scholarship awards from the National Institutes of Health, the Anna Fuller Fund, and the American Cancer Society. His research into the cause of cancer resulted in his discovery of a cancer causing gene called erB-2 which is now used by pathologists around the world in the diagnosis of breast cancer and treatment of metastasis. Dr. Schechter has published numerous articles in prestigious journals such as Nature, Proceedings of theNational Academy of Science, Cell, and Science. He has also lectured at conferences both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Dr. Schechter received his Doctorate of Medicine from the University of Miami School of Medicine.
- His internship at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital was followed by his residency in dermatology and dermatologic surgery at the Mt. Sinai Medical Center in New York City.
- Dr. Schechter is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology, a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, and currently serves as an associate clinical professor at the Mt. Sinai School of Medicine.
Here are just some of treatments and services offered:
- PRP Microneedling for facial rejuvenation
- PRP scalp injections to treat hair loss
- Laser& Light Skin Treatment
- Chemical Peels
- Tightening/Radiofrequency Therapy
- Sun Spot & Brown Spot Removal
- Hand Rejuvenation
- Spider Veins
- Skin Cancer &Treatment
- Chicken Pox
- Frown Lines
PRP Platelet Rich Plasma (For treating hair loss)
- Microneedling with PRP ( For treating acne scarring, wrinkles, melasma and skin rejuvenation)
- A new cutting age QSW laser for the treatment of brown spots and blood vessels on the face, chest, and hands; as well as a Pixel laser for wrinkles, lip lines, neck wrinkling, and skin rejuvenation!
Please click here to view more conditions treated at the office.
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- They accept most traditional insurance plans.
- Please contact their office to verify acceptance of your plan.
- Qualifications for insurance coverage may differ due to the uniqueness of each procedure.