Marilyn A. Kubichek, M.D., F.A.A.P.
Dr. Marilyn A. Kubichek specializes in Pediatrics – Neurology & Child Development in Morris County.
Marilyn A. Kubichek, M.D., F.A.A.P.
Patients who have nominated Dr. Kubichek for her numerous awards (Top Kids Docs, America’s Top Pediatricians, and St. Barnabas’ Love My Doctor) cite her commitment to delivering personal, compassionate care and improving their lives. She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is included in the Global Directory of Who’s Who for Most Notable Women.
- Ross University School of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine Diploma
- Drew University
Bachelor of Arts
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Fellowship, Clinical Neurophysiology
Fellowship, Neurology / Pediatric Neurology
- Hahnemann University Hospital
- Neurology with special qualifications in Child Neurology & Pediatrics
- Diplomat of the American Boards of Psychiatry and Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology and Pediatrics
- Fellow of American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fellowship Trained in Clinical Neurophysiology/Epilepsy
- After completing her training at prestigious schools and university hospitals, Dr. Kubichek served as an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine, Camden, New Jersey during her affiliation with the Chidlren’s Regional Hospital at Cooper Hospital/University Medical Center, Camden, New Jersey where she was an Attending in the Department of Pediatrics and Medicine and later Director of the Neurophysiology Laboratory.
- She also served as the Director of the Nerophysiology Laboratory and Director of the Spasticity Program and Brachial Plexus Program, as well as an Attending at All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- She has been an Attending in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology at the Children’s Hospital of New Jersey, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center; Director of the Spasticity Program for the Division of Pediatric Neurology at St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, New Jersey; and Attending in the Department of Neurosciences Section of Pediatrics at Morristown Memorial Hospital, Morristown, New Jersey.
- She is currently an Attending in the Department of Pediatics, Divison of Pediatrics Neurology for both Overlook Medical Center in Summit, NJ and Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, NJ. Since 2003, she has been in private practice.
- Patients who have nominated Dr. Kubichek for her numerous awards (Top Kids Docs, America’s Top Pediatricians, and St. Barnabas’ Love My Doctor) cite her commitment to delivering personal, compassionate care and improving their lives.
- She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and is included in the Global Directory of Who’s Who for Most Notable Women.
- Publications & Presentations:
- Articles on headaches and seizures.
- Co-authored educational papers and presented at national meetings, i.e., “Electroencephalographic, Neuroradiologic and Neurodevelopmental Studies in Infants with Subclavian Steal During ECMO”.
- Tampa News as being one of the first pediatric neurologists to use Botox for treatment of spasticity in chlidren.
- Presentations in the field of neurosciences on epilepsy, headaches, migraines, ADD, Tics and other movement disorders
Dr. Kubichek has been in practice nearly twenty-five years and specializes in the evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and care of patients with neurological disorders from birth through age 21 which include:
- Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity (ADHD, ADD)
- Autistic Disorders/PDD
- Bell’s Palsy
- Brain and Spinal cord tumors
- Balance and Equilibrium (vertigo)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental Disabilitites
- Genetic Disorders
- Hydrocephalus and congenital anomalies of the brain
- Learning Disabilities
- Metabolic-Degenerative diseases of the brain
- Movement disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Tourette’s Syndrome and Tic disorders
- Seizure Disorders/Epilepsy
256 Columbia Turnpike, North Tower / Suite 109
Florham Park, NJ 07932
Tuesday: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Most insurance plans are accepted. Please contact the office to verify acceptance of your plan.
Thank you Dr. Kubichek and staff! In addition to excellent care, Dr. Kubichek is readily available to respond to phone calls and work with the parents and school district to address issues. When children grow up under Dr. Kubichek’s care, she is there for them as young adults. When parents can no loner advocate for their kids in college who continue to need spport or accommodations, Dr. Kubichek is highly effective in bridging the appropriate medical care with relevance to academic and testing scenarios in colleges and universities. We’ve had 2 sons with co-morbid conditions and Dr. Kubichek’s care, advice, treatment, and support has resulted in kids who were significantly challenged to grow up and be incredibly high achieving young adults. Thank you Dr. Kubichek for your care and expertise and thank you to your staff for being sensitive and responsive to our needs.
Dr. Kubichek is fantastic and very caring! The best, most knowledgeable doctor you will ever meet. A true expert in her field. She is open minded and listens to what parents have to say. Without her guidance and expertise, my girls could not make it throgh the school year. I highly recommend her to anyone seeking a pediatric neurologist who truly cares about their child’s overall well-being.
My headaches and stomach aches go away. Also, she loves princesses! Dr. Kubichek is very sweet and loves fashion.