Liping Wang, M.S., C.A.
We are a small group of well-trained, very experienced, dedicated professional acupuncturists who strongly believe in the wholesomeness of each individual and the inseparable unity between spiritual, emotional, and physical health. We also believe in the energy communication between acupuncturists and patients.
As you enter our center, you will surely feel the relaxing and healing energy in the office and you will find each one of us compassionate, sincere, knowledgeable, professional, and skillful. We have only one intention and that is to make you feel better, healthier, happier and well balanced.
Liping Wang, M.S. C.A. Dipl. Acu., Dipl. C.H.
Eager to help many that needed her expertise here in New Jersey, she opened “Holmdel Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine Center” in 2001. Her practice includes acupuncture, Chinese herbs, tai chi, chi gong and tui na. Liping is licensed in both New York and New Jersey. Liping is a member of the Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Alliance. She is also a member of Holistic Healing.
- Masters in Science
- Diplomat in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- Certified Acupuncturist
- Clinic Director
- Liping graduated from Shandong College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 1990 with a BS in Chinese Herbal Medicine.
- After finishing her studies she worked in the Division of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hua Qing Hospital in China for two years.
- Liping came to the United States in 1992 where she worked at a holistic clinic in New York City for 3 years.
- In 1998 Liping returned to Shanghai, China for advanced clinical training in acupuncture at Shuguang Chinese Medicine Hospital. During this training, Liping was treating over 100 patients with various health conditions every day.
- In 2000 Liping graduated with a MS in Acupuncture from the New York College for Holistic Health, Education and Research.
- Liping is licensed and has practiced in New York and New Jersey.
- Liping is a member of the Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Alliance.
- She is also a member of Holistic Healing.
- Is the insertion of fine needles into the body at specific points shown as effective in the treatment of specific health problems.
- Is the use of low frequency electrically stimulated needles for continuous stimulation of acupoints.
- Treats and prevents diseases by applying heat, generated from the herb mugwort, to points or certain locations of the human body.
- Is a method of treating disease caused by local congestion.
- Chinese herbs and Chinese medicines:
- Have been used for thousands of years to help people feel better, more vital and live longer.
Are products intended to complement the diet that bears or contains one or more dietary ingredients
- Is the act of rubbing or kneading of parts of the body to aid circulation, relax the muscles, or provide stimulation.
- There are many forms of massage, such as Therapeutic Swedish Massage, Sports Massage, Lymphatic Drainage, Myofascial Release and Shiatsu.
- Tai Chi:
- In Chinese philosophy and medicine there exists a concept of ‘chi’ Chi is the vital force that animates the body.
- Tui Na:
- Is a comprehensive system of therapeutic massage that uses different strokes applied to acupoints, channels and muscle groups.
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Please note that Tuesday hours are from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, then 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
We choose not to participate in any insurance to ensure the highest standard of services and reduce the cost. If your insurance covers acupuncture services, we will submit claims for you.
I am a Doctor in Physics with a tremendous confidence in Science and Technology…In general, I eat very healthy; fruits, vegetables, fish, tofu, olive oil. I exercise at least 4 times a week. But, I also have a very stressful (normal these days) job. During the last two winter seasons, everybody was happy because the mildness of the season, and so was I. However, I started to get worried about an early spring because with the spring also comes the ALLERGY season. Last year was particularly a strong pollen season and my body sensed it very effectively. I had been avoiding [prescription] medication as much as possible but last spring I was forced by the strong symptoms to take Claritin. And yes it relieved me of the allergy symptoms but also produced strong side effects. I couldn’t sleep and as a result of that I couldn’t rest and my body was falling apart. At that time, my husband and I discussed his acupuncture treatments from a few years ago. I decided that it was time to find a different path for a solution to my allergy. I had spotted an ad in the local newspaper for acupuncture treatment at Holmdel Acupuncture & Natural Medicine Center. I made an appointment even though I was very concerned about how painful the needles might be. That day during the spring of 2002 was my lucky day. After the first treatment that was anything but painful, I didn’t have to take Claritin anymore. The second treatment brought complete recovery to my life. After this “miracle” I decided that my body deserves the treatment of acupuncture to recover from the years of stress and imbalance that I had suffered. I go once a week and every time I feel I am reborn after my acupuncture session. I now look forward to my treatments that are so important to keep my body in balance.
I saw an article in the newspaper about Holmdel Acupuncture and Natural Medicine Center and I figured since I had nothing to lose and that I would give it a try. I have been receiving acupuncture treatments for about two months and have felt better than I have in years. I owe it all to Liping Wang. In such a short time I have experienced not only longer periods of relief from pain but a renewed energy and greater mobility. Friends and family have also noticed a big difference in my appearance, movement and attitude. I recommend acupuncture wholeheartedly to anyone in a similar situation.
I must begin with sharing my deepest appreciation and gratitude to Liping for the finest care and attention she has given me from the onset. Please share all my thoughts with anyone questioning the value of acupuncture. In the beginning, I did not have much faith that acupuncture would benefit me. I have such a major health issue that I was convinced that not too much could help me. All was changed and my opinion is quite different now. I profess that if it were not for my neuro-oncologist and Liping focusing on my health I would not be here to talk about it.
My illness is a rare terminal brain cancer and after all the normal cancer routes are taken there is not much more to do for help or life for this. I first met with Liping one year and eight months ago and have been blessed ever since. The acupuncture therapy has strengthened my immune system that had drastically fallen from radiation and chemotherapy treatments. I stand very strongly to recommend this to others with health issues. Quite frankly, just the positive mental exposure from Liping would build the wellness that is so needed when circumstances get negative.
In conclusion, my thanks and gratitude go to Liping, tenfold. I believe that acupuncture is very serious and a necessary holistic action to use for improving, maintaining and curing health issues that many of us experience. Liping has given positive attention to my family and all my friends I have recommended to her. It’s rare to discover perfection and I think I have. Liping definitely is a blessing to me. I thank GOD for bringing me to her.
I suffered terribly from symptoms of ulcerative colitis, brought on by the very medicines prescribed to combat gastrointestinal disorders. Through visits to Liping and her staff for acupuncture, counseling, and herbal medicines my body was able to combat and overcome misdiagnosis and wrongly prescribed drugs. Maintenance visits keep me going in a healthy direction. I always look forward to my visits to this office. Through Liping and Chi’s kindness, genuine concern and professionalism, my energy, health and positive outlook on life have been restored. I now bring my five year old son for acupressure treatments for chronic sinusitis. He is having great success as well.
I went to the doctor to have my blood pressure checked and it came out at 138/82. He was so surprised that my pressure was so good. I told him I had acupuncture. It helped to bring my pressure down to normal.
My aunt had been suffering from ankle pain and swelling for the last 20 years. It became worse after moving here from the subtropical climate we had in Guangdong, China. Matters got even worse in winter. I took her to Liping to get some relief. After 3 months of treatments, my aunt was off pain killers and heating pads completely. And she has not complained ever since. I always believed in the power of acupuncture and believed it was more than just needles and pressure points. The caring and attention my aunt received from Liping was just as effective as the treatments, if not more.