Berkeley Heights Eye Group PA
The Berkeley Heights Eye Group was founded in 1972 as the Summit Eye Group by Dr. Jordan Burke. The practice has been vibrantly offering general ophthalmology services throughout the years. In 1985 the practice moved to our Berkeley Heights location. In the beginning of 2013 the practice relocated to our current New Providence location where we provide state of the art care in a newly renovated space.
Our mission is to provide excellent comprehensive eye care to people of all ages. Our staff is caring and knowledgeable. In fact some of our employees have been with the practice for nearly twenty years. This speaks to the continuity of care offered here.
Todd O. Leventhal, M.D.
Dr. Todd Leventhal is a New Jersey native. He received a bachelor of arts degree with high honors from the University of Rochester and graduated magna cum laude. He obtained his medical degree from the Tufts University School of Medicine and Dentistry. Dr. Leventhal performed an internship in internal medicine at the Baystate Medical Center in Springfield Massachusetts. He then completed his residency training in ophthalmology at the Montefiore Medical Center of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in the Bronx.
Dr. Leventhal has been on the staff of the Berkeley Heights Eye Group since 2000. He became its owner and medical director in late 2001. The practice continues to grow and thrive under his direction.
- NJ Top Docs (2018-Present)
- Featured in NJ Monthly Magazine (2022)
- We offer complete eye care. This includes performing complete eye examinations and fitting glasses and contact lenses for people of all ages. Our onsite optician can help you with your glasses needs. We perform examinations for cataracts, diabetes, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and numerous other eye conditions.
- We now offer convenient contact lens ordering through our website.
- State of the art imaging equipment (Heidelberg Spectralis OCT) is available to help in the diagnosis of glaucoma and retina diseases. Lasers for the treatment of glaucoma, diabetes and after cataract are all available.
- Should cataract surgery be necessary, we can perform the surgery in the comfort of a state of the art ambulatory surgery center. We use the latest small incision, no stitch technique. We are excited to now be able to offer access to laser assisted (LensX) cataract surgery. The stay is generally less than two hours and most people do not even require sedating medications. Most people resume their regular activities the very next day.
- Many people wonder if they could be candidates for LASIK laser eye surgery. Dr. Leventhal offers free screening appointments to help determine if an individual might be a suitable candidate. If someone is an acceptable candidate for the surgery, Dr. Leventhal can perform the required examination and laser treatments. He now offers the latest custom, “no blade” (Intralase) LASIK procedure performed on the latest version of the VISX laser.
Fax: (908) 464-4737
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
We accept Medicare and most of the commercial insurances offered in New Jersey.