Burlington County Orthopaedic Specialists, PA
Burlington County Orthopaedic Specialists, PA provides the care and treatment of disorders of the musculoskeletal system. This includes bones and joints, muscles, nerves of the extremities, spine and pelvis. Care that we provide may include both surgical and nonsurgical treatment. We are dedicated to providing the most up to date, cutting edge Orthopaedic care available.
Mark G. Schwartz, M.D., F.A.A.O.S.
Dr. Schwartz’s interests not only include sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery but general orthopaedics as well.
- Graduate of Duke University
- Attended Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City
- Completed residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City
- Completed a Fellowship in sports medicine at the world renowned Hughston Orthopaedic Clinic and Sports Medicine Hospital in Columbus, Georgia
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Virtua Memorial Hospital of Burlington County
- Our Lady of Lourdes
- Philadelphia Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- The American College of Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Associates of North America
Andrea L. Bowers, M.D.
Dr. Bowers has presented at several national meetings and is extensively published in textbooks and journals on topics including risk factors and reconstructive techniques for ACL rupture, injury patterns in collegiate football, lacrosse, and hockey players, and management of pediatric knee injuries, among others.
- Completed the prestigious Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery fellowship at the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS), ranked the #1 orthopaedic hospital in the country by US News & World Report
- Received extensive subspecialty training including arthroscopy and reconstruction of the shoulder, elbow, knee, and ankle, cartilage restoration, and advanced shoulder arthroplasty
- During her clinical rotations at the HSS Women’s Sports Medicine Center, the country’s first of its kind, Dr. Bowers developed a special interest in issues pertinent to the young female athlete
- Served as part of the medical staff for the New York Mets, US Open Tennis, and Saint Peter’s College
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- We perform total joint replacement, hip resurfacing and partial joint replacement of the hip, knee and shoulder including minimally invasive techniques. We also provide treatment of adult and pediatric fractures.
- For the convenience of our patients and also for the purpose of providing excellent Orthopaedic care we do have x-ray facilities in our office and when permitted by insurance carriers, we can help you avoid the bother of running around for x-rays by doing them at the time they are needed.
- Dr. Schwartz’s interests not only include sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery but general orthopaedics as well.
- Dr. Bowers’ interests include shoulder and knee replacement, sports medicine, and issues pertinent to the female athlete.
Tuesday: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- We participate in many insurance plans including various HMO’s and commercial insurance plans. We see workers compensation and motor vehicle injuries.
- Our office does participate in the Medicare program.
- For the convenience of our patients, we also accept Master Card, Visa and Discover.