NJ Spine Specialists
Dr. Drzala and Dr. Reiter are both board-certified, fellowship-trained Orthopaedic Surgeons whose practices focus strictly on the treatment of patients with spinal disorders.
Mark R. Drzala, M.D., P.C.
Dr. Drzala has been in private practice since 1998 and also serves as a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Orthopaedics – Rutgers New Jersey Medical School.
- Dr. Drzala graduated Cum Laude from Rutgers University
- Received his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – New Jersey Medical School, where he also completed a residency in orthopedic surgery and was elected Orthopedic Administrative Chief Resident
- Dr. Drzala acquired comprehensive experience with the complete spectrum of spinal disorders during his spine fellowship at St. Mary’s Hospital and Medical Center in San Francisco, California (presently affiliated with Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, California)
- Orthopedic Surgery
Mitchell F. Reiter, M.D., P.C.
Dr.Reiter’s practice consists entirely of the operative and non-operative management of patients with spinal disorders. His office is in Summit and most of his patients come from the tri-state area. His office provides assistance with travel arrangements and hotel accommodations for patients coming from further away.
- Dr. Reiter completed the accelerated six year combined B.S./M.D. Honors Program in Medical Education at the University of Miami in 1992
- Received five years of residency training in Orthopedic Surgery at The University of Miami – Jackson Memorial Hospital from 1992-1997
- Completed an additional year of fellowship training in spinal surgery at Emory University in Atlanta in 1998
- Dr. Reiter was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha, the U.S. national medical honor society
- Dr. Reiter is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at The Rutgers School of Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Overlook Hospital
- Mountainside Hospital
- NJ Top Docs – 2009-2017
- NJ Top Doctors 2006-2017 – NJ Monthly
- Dr. Reiter has published numerous journal articles and book chapters in the field of spine surgery. His research interests include evaluation of techniques to reduce scar tissue formation following spinal operations, development of biologic adjuncts to improve spinal fusion, and the studies on the biomechanics of spinal fixation
- Dr. Reiter serves on the board of directors of the North American Spine Society the world’s largest spine society, he is a past president of the New Jersey Orthopaedic Society, and serves as vice president of the New Jersey Spine Surgery Society
Dr. Heidi Hullinger
Dr. Heidi Hullinger is a board certified and fellowship trained orthopedic spine surgeon who recently finished her training at the prestigious Texas Medical Center, the largest medical center in the world. While there she trained at multiple institutions, including MD Anderson Cancer Center, Memorial Hermann trauma center, Texas Children’s Hospital, and orthopedic specialty hospitals.
She has expertise in complex spine cases such as spinal deformity and tumors but welcomes the treatment of patients along the full spectrum of non-operative and operative spine disorders. Dr. Hullinger makes it a priority to give her patients in-depth explanations concerning their spinal problems so they can participate in decisions regarding their care.
Both doctors are conservative by nature and will typically exhaust non-operative treatment options prior to considering surgical inervention.Whenever possible, Drs. Reiter and Drzala use minimally invasive surgical techniques that allow for a better outcome and more rapid recovery from spine surgery.Patients participate fully in the decision making process with regard to their care and treatment regimens are tailored to meet each patient’s individual needs.
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- ACDF (Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion)
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Cervical Spine Procedures
- Cervical Spinal Fusion
- Laser Discectomy, Edoscopic Discecomy, Edoscopic Spine Surgery
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Lumbar Spine Procedures
- Sacroiliac Joint Fusion
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Spine Fusion Surgery
- Thoracic Spine Procedures
33 Overlook Road, Suite 305
Summit, NJ 07901
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Dr. Reiter is available Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM in the Summit Location.
- Dr. Drzala is available Tuesdays from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM in the Montclair Location & on Thursdays from 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM in the Summit Location.
Harries Pavilion, 2nd Floor 1 Bay Ave, Suite 5
Montclair, NJ 07042
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM