Hunterdon Hematology Oncology, LLC
Valuable treatment options for conquering cancer are available to patients in Hunterdon County. Distance is not a barrier to the most effective and cutting edge treatments available for patients who have been diagnosed with cancer. Skilled physicians with prestigious academic accomplishments from some of the most valued and prestigious Fellowship programs have committed themselves to providing care to patients in Central New Jersey. Accomplished doctors pride themselves on bringing the latest and most effective treatments to our community. Our doctors are considered leaders in academic research and have acquired the ability to provide cutting edge pharmaceutical studies to this community.
The treatment of cancer is an art which is comprised of highly developed technology, academic accomplishments, compassion and the kind of commitment that makes it accessible on a community level.
If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with cancer, you will have many important issues to consider and decisions to make. But there is one very important thing you won’t have to worry about – that is where to find the best possible treatment for your condition.
Myron Bednar, M.D.
Dr. Bednar is board certified in Medical Oncology, Hematology, and Internal Medicine.
- Dr. Bednar is a graduate of Emory University in Atlanta and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey- Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, NJ.
- He was inducted into the Alpha Omega Honor Medical Society while at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
- After completing internships in surgery and medicine, he completed his Internal Medicine residency at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City.
- Specialty Fellowship training in Medial Oncology and Hematology were also completed at Mount Sinai Medical Center, where Dr. Bednar was Chief Fellow.
- Medical Oncology, Hematology, and Internal Medicine.
- Dr. Bednar is an active participant in cancer research. He serves as the director of clinical trials at Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center and as an advisor for the Fox Chase Cancer Center’s extramural research program.
- Dr. Bednar and the Cancer Center are involved in research trials through the Fox Chase Cancer Center and the National Cooperative Groups.
- Dr. Bednar has been published in several respected scientific journals, including the Journal of Clinical Oncology, the Proceedings of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the Journal Cancer.
- He is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Society of Hematology.
Kenneth B. Blankstein, M.D.
Dr. Blankstein is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Oncology.
- Dr. Blankstein graduated with honors from Muhlenberg College and then attended New York Medical College, where he was a member of the national medical honor society Alpha Omega Alpha.
- He was inducted into the Alpha Omega Honor Medical Society. Dr. Blankstein completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Temple University Hospital, which was followed by a hematology-oncology fellowship at the combined Temple-Fox Chase Cancer Center program.
- In 1990, he joined the staff at Hunterdon Medical Center and was instrumental in bringing in the affiliation with Fox Chase Cancer Center and establishing a research program.
- Dr. Blankstein is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Oncology.
- Dr. Blankstein has co-authored several research articles published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation and the International Journal of Radiation and Biophysics on hemostasis and lung cancer therapy.
- He currently is an active member of the American Society of Hematology and the American Society of Oncology, as well as co-director of the Hunterdon Regional Cancer Center program.
- He has served as chairman of the Department of internal medicine, and was past president of the Hunterdon Medical Center medical staff.
- Dr. Blankstein has been a Clinical Assistant Professor of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey at Robert Wood Medical School since 1986.
Swee Jian Ngeow, M.D.
Dr. Ngeow is board certified in Hematology / Oncology.
- Dr. Ngeow received her medical degree from the University of Calgary in Alberta, Canada and completed her residency in Internal Medicine at Montefiore Medical Center in Bronx, New York.
- She completed her Hematology and Oncology fellowship at Montefiore Medical Center, as well.
- She is also a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and is a board certified Hematologist/Oncologist. Dr. Ngeow received recognition as NJ Top Doctor for Medical Oncology.
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Please contact the office for information regarding insurance policies.