Advanced Gastroenterology Group
As board certified, fellowship trained gastroenterologists, the physicians of Advanced Gastroenterology Group in Union, NJ specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, pancreas and gallbladder. From diagnosis to treatment, we focus on customized, patient-centered, compassionate care utilizing state-of-the-art medical technology and cutting-edge procedures to ensure optimal outcomes for all of our patients.
With convenient locations and multilingual capabilities, our practice offers you specialty services in all modes of therapeutic and diagnostic endoscopy you can trust.
Rajesh Dhirmalani, DO
Dr. Dhirmalani joined Advanced Gastroenterrology Group in 2008. He holds a Doctorate in Osteopathic Medicine from Des Moines College of Osteopathic Medicine and is board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dhirmalani has served as an Assistant Professor at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey and has been involved in curriculum formulation and has published on a variety of Digestive Disease topics.
His specific clinical interests include Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, as well as general gastrointestinal care and colon cancer screening and prevention. He has trained at UMDNJ liver transplant unit and is well versed in the latest endoscopic ultrasound approaches and advanced therapeutics, including hemorrhoidal therapy.
Dr. Dhirmalani is an avid adventure traveler. In his spare time he enjoys exploring different countries and skiing with his wife and children. He loves to be spontaneous and continue to learn. Currently, his latest adventure is learning how to fly an aircraft.
- Vitals® On-Time Doctor Award – (2014, 2015, 2017)
- Vitals® Patients’ Choice Award – (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2017)
- Dr. Dhirmalani is proud of having been honored with “Vitals” The Patient’s Choice Award, which he is recognized for his expertise and commitment to outstanding patient care. He enjoys taking time to educate and involve his patients in their own care. He believes every patient is unique and believes in individualized care will permeates each patient-doctor relationship that is created.
- NJ Top Docs – (2020)
- Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (EGD)
- Colonoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) with fine needly aspiration/biopsy
- Small Bowel Enteroscopy
- Esophageal Motility (Manometry) and PH Testing
- Breath Testing for H pylori
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA)
- SpyGlass Evaluation of Biliary Tract
- Video Capsule Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – including Sphinctertomy and Stenting
- Fecal Microbiota Transplantation
- Hemorrhoid Banding and Infrared Coagulation Treatment ( IRC )
- Lithotripsy of Common Bile Duct Stones
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) (Feeding Tube Placement)
- Barrett’s Esophagus
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
- Esophageal Dilation
- Esophageal Manometry
- Minor Rectal Bleeding
- Upper Endoscopy
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
Fax: (908) 851-9023
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM