Advanced Gastroenterology Group
When you have digestive problems, you need to turn to a gastroenterologist who listens and responds… an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs…a friendly physician who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our physicians meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained gastroenterology professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Advanced Gastroenterology Group believes that informed patients are better prepared to make decisions regarding their health and well-being. That is why we’ve included an extensive section on the website covering the full array of topics associated with gastroenterology and diagnoses and treatments for digestive problems. We encourage you to look through these pages whenever you have an interest or concern about your digestive health.
The best care in the world doesn’t mean anything if you can’t access it. At Advanced Gastroenterology Group, we strive to make our Union office as efficient and convenient as possible. Included in these web pages is information about Advanced Gastroenterology Group’s office, including our locations, maps, directions, hours, insurance policies and appointment scheduling. You can even email a request for an appointment right here! We hope you find this website useful and invite you to contact us with your questions at any time.
Rajesh Dhirmalani, DO
Holding a Doctorate in Osteopathic Medicine from Des Moines College of Osteopathic Medicine, Dr. Dhirmalani is board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine, and served as an Assistant Professor at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. He has trained at a liver transplant unit and is well versed in the latest endoscopic ultrasound approaches and advanced therapeutics, including hemorrhoidal therapy. Dr. Dhirmalani has been involved in curriculum formulation and is published on a variety of Digestive Disease topics, resulting in invitations to present at industry conferences.
At Advanced Gastroenterology Group, we provide a full range of Gastroenterology care, including diseases of the bowel, liver, and pancreas. We also perform both routine and advanced endoscopic procedures.
- Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (EGD)
- Colonoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) with fine needly aspiration/biopsy
- Small Bowel (Push) Enteroscopy
- Esophageal Motility (Manometry) and pH Testing
- Breath Testing for H pylori
- SpyGlass Evaluation of Biliary Tract
- Video Capsule Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – including Sphinctertomy and Stenting
- Fecal Microbiota Transplantation
- Hemorrhoid Banding and Infrared Coagulation Treatment ( IRC )
- Lithotripsy of Common Bile Duct Stones
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) (Feeding Tube Placement)
- Esophageal Dilation
Fax: (908) 851-9023
Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM