Dr. Michael Greller
Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute was founded in 2007 with the merger of two of the areas longest tenured practices – Western Monmouth Orthopedic Associates and New Jersey Orthopedic Associates. For more than 25 years, each has been a leader in providing quality orthopedic and sports medicine care. Together as one, they’re even stronger and making a real difference in people’s lives. The combined practice allows them to draw on our complementary strengths to deliver exceptional patient-centered, patient-focused care for a better overall patient experience.
Dr. Michael Greller
Dr. Greller’s vast and diverse experience both in the office and on the field allows him to provide the best care to all of his patients. Dr. Greller‘s goal is to help his patients recover quickly and he works closely with trainers, therapists, nutritionists and other medical professionals to help his patients return to competition and regular activities. Dr. Greller specializes in advanced, minimally-invasive shoulder, knee, hip, and ankle arthroscopic procedures, including ACL, rotator cuff and meniscus surgery. He also performs minimally-invasive hip, knee and shoulder replacements.
- College Education: University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, MI – BS
- Medical Education: Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Bronx, NY – MD
- Internship: Westchester Medical Center – Valhalla, NY – General Surgery
- Residency: Hospital for Joint Disease Orthopedic Institute – NYU Medical Center, NY – Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship: Temple University – Philadelphia, PA – Sports Medicine
- Master’s Degree: University of Massachusetts – Amherst Isenberg School of Management – MBA with Healthcare Focus
- Certified Physician Executive: American Association for Physician Leadership – Tampa, FL – CPE
- Orthopedic Surgery
- CentraState Medical Center – Freehold
- Raritan Bay Medical Center – Old Bridge
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital – New Brunswick
- University SurgiCenter – East Brunswick
- Manalapan Surgery Center – Manalapan
- 2018 Vitals Patients’ Choice Award
- 2017 Compassionate Doctor Award
- 2017 Inducted into the International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma
- 2017 Inducted into the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- 2017 NJ Top Doctor Award
- 2017 NJ Top Doctor/Healthy Living – Experts in Their Fields Award
- 2016 America’s Best Physicians Award
- 2016 America’s Most Honored Professionals Award
- 2015 Vitals Patients’ Choice Award
- 2015 Top Doctor – International Association of Orthopedic Surgeons
- 2014 Compassionate Doctor Award
- 2014 Vitals Patients’ Choice Award
- 2014 On-Time Doctor
- 2014 Who’s Who Pinnacle Professional of the Year
- 2014 America’s Top Orthopedists
- 2014 Vitals Top 10 Doctors
- 2013 Patients Choice Award
- 2013 Most Compassionate Physician Award
- 2012 AMA Physician’s Recognition Award
- 2012 Most Compassionate Doctor
- 2012 Patients Choice Award
- 2009 Patients Choice Award
- 2008 Patients Choice Award
- CentraState Healthcare System Award for “The Most Complimented Physician”
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Cartilage Repair Society
- American College of Sports Medicine
- The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- Monmouth County Medical Society
- New Jersey Medical Society
- American Association of Orthopedic Executives
- American Association for Physician Executives
- American College of Healthcare Executives Of New Jersey
- Medical Group Management Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
Tuesday: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Wednesday: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Thursday: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Saturdays physical therapy only
They participate in a number of insurance plans and are in the process of adding more. Their Insurance Verification Unit will contact your insurance company and get all the necessary information regarding your coverage before you see your physician. Just call them at 732.720.2555 and they will provide you with all the information you need to understand your coverage.
I personally know you are an extremely good surgeon. You care about the whole person. That is a great quality in a doctor. Your P.T. department proves that. Peter’s the best. My going from the hospital after my knee replacement to them was the best thing I did. I’d do it again. No regrets! I am so grateful to you and your staff.
God Bless You All,
Dear Dr. Greller,
I forgot to say thank you for doing my hand surgery (left hand) as well as my other hand surgery (right hand) 5 years ago. You also made a great decision NOT to operate when I had the double fracture of my humerus several years ago.
You are such a talented and compassionate orthopedic surgeon with a wonderful sense of humor. Thank you so much for the excellent care you’ve given me.
I’m writing to thank you for the wonderful job you did with my recent knee replacement surgery. From my first visit to your office I have always felt comfortable and confident that I was in good hands. I’d also like to compliment you on your excellent office staff. I have rarely seen a doctors office run in such a friendly and professional manner.
Dear Dr. Greller,
I have been singing your praises since the first day I walked in your office and received the Advanced Orthopedics treatment. It really started before I got there when I had the good fortune of speaking with Stacy from your staff who could not have been more helpful.
I write this letter in appreciation for all that you have done for me. When I fell in the bike marathon and severely injured my knee, I was helpless. I couldn’t stand or walk. Your superb surgical skills amazingly corrected my knee and now I can walk and bike effortlessly.
You have also managed to bring to your practice a truly excellent staff of professional therapists (Lauren, et. al.) who really “know their stuff”. I give you credit for assembling this group.
I also recall the times you personally came into the therapy area to check on my progress and encourage me to heal. I’m not sure every orthopedist would have taken such a personal interest in his patient.
Thank you, again. I would (and will be) glad to recommend your practice to all. It has been a real pleasure knowing you.