David B. Dickerson, M.D.
At Performance Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, we are committed to providing comprehensive orthopedic care to achieve the best possible outcome for each patient. We focus on the patient’s understanding of their condition which fosters active participation in the treatment decision-making. We also offer a full spectrum of Orthopedic services such as pediatrics sports joint fractures.
Dr. David Dickerson utilizes the latest technology and research in sports medicine, joint replacements and fracture care.
These include arthroscopic surgical techniques and minimially invasive surgery.
We look forward to the opportunity to help you return to you active lifestyle.
David B. Dickerson, M.D.
- Dr. Dickerson is a native of Louisiana and graduated summa cum laude from the University of Louisiana – Lafayette with a bachelor’s degree in Biology.
- He went on to earn an M.D. from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport.
- After completing his internship in Greenville, South Carolina, Dr. Dickerson completed a residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, New Jersey.
- He furthered his training in Sports Medicine at the Orthopaedic Foundation for Active Lifestyles in Connecticut and New York.
- Although he specializes in arthroscopic and reconstructive procedures of the shoulder, knee, ankle, elbow, and hip, Dr. Dickerson also performs total joint replacement and manages traumatic bone and joint injuries in both adults and children.
- Undergraduate Degree: University of Louisiana – Lafayette , Lafayette, Louisiana
- Medical Degree:Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport, Shreveport, Louisiana
- Internship: Greenville Hospital System, Greenville, South Carolina
- Residency: Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, New Jersey
- Fellowship: Plancher Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, New York, New York
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (AAOS)
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- Community Medical Center, Toms River, NJ
- Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, NJ
- Ocean Medical Center, Brick, NJ
- Sports Injuries
- Pediatric injuries & conditions
- Arthritis of all joints
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Please contact the office for information regarding insurance policies.
Very pleasant, caring doctor. Took the time to explain all questions asked.
Dr. Dickerson is a wonderful doctor and I would highly recommend him! He has treated my family as well as family friends, including children. He is extremely knowledgeable and made all of us feel comfortable with the treatment decisions he made.
The office is beautiful and thought his staff was very friendly and professional.
I first went to Dr Dickerson for second or third opinion. He was a bit rough the first day on letting me know how serious the surgery was and that I needed to lose some weight. It was tough to hear but he was honest about what needed to be done in order to feel better. Surgery was scheduled very easily through his office and the hospital was very clean and courteous. He was extremely professional and cared about how I was feeling before during and after my surgery. His staff were very nice and also called to see how I was after surgery. He was very clear on what to expect before during and after surgery. A pleasure to have as a Dr. I would totally refer him to friends and family and will have my other knee done by him when needed. Thank you Amy and Dianne for being my angels during this process. xoxox
Dr. Dickerson has been a pleasure being around. He is thorough , honest and up front. Dr D does not sugar coat anything . Great surgeon who has answered all my questions and concerns. Some Drs in my past experiences treated me like a number not a person. Dr D. Is the total opposite.