Dr. Sunita Merriman
Dr. Merriman’s practice is based on the philosophy of comprehensive care.The understanding and advanced training to understand the interrelatedness of the whole oral system resulting in more predictability of dental work, comfort for the patient and superior cosmetic results.
DoctorMerriman.com | NJDentalSleepMedicine.com | SunitaMerriman.com
Sunita Merriman, D.D.S.
Dr. Merriman practices dentistry for one reason – she cares about the health of her patients. She works hard to make her practice a special place where patients can feel listened to, cared for and valued.
- DDS, Doctor of Dental Surgery
New York University, College of Dentistry, New York, NY Graduated with honors in 1994.
- 2-year general practice residency at Long Island Jewish Medical Centre, New Hyde Park, NY with postgraduate training in all aspects of general and hospital based dentistry. 1994-1996.
- Diplomate, American Board of Craniofacial Dental Sleep Medicine
- Board Eligible, American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Presidents Service Award presented by New York University for distinguished service and contribution to the community
- The Samuel Charles Miller Award of Periodontology.
- The American Academy of Oral Medicine Award.
- The Quintessence Research Award presented by NYU.
- Selected as a Top Dentist with NJ Monthly 2010
- NJ Top Dentist 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- American Dental Association
- New Jersey Dental Association
- Union County Dental Association
- Dawson Alumni Association
- New Jersey Study Club for Interdisciplinary Dentistry
- National Speakers Association
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Association of Women Dentists
- In 2014, Dr. Merriman was inducted into the AADPA (American Academy of Dental Practice Administration), where membership is invitation only.
Below are just a few of the features of their practice and philosophy that are offered to their patients for their comfort and convenience:
- A personal relationship based approach to their patients.They are never a ‘number’ in their office
- A carefully selected team that is not only exceptional in their experience, skills and talents but is equally motivated to provide compassionate care to you
- A new, state of the art facility with a peaceful spa-like atmosphere
- Aromatherapy for the senses
- A refreshment center where patients can enjoy complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate and water before or after their visit with Dr. Merriman or the hygienist
- A patient education center that helps patients understand their condition and treatment options.A website (DoctorMerriman.com) facebook page (Sunita Merriman, DDS) and blog (Dental Chronicles) that Dr. Merriman writes to inform, engage and educate her patients and a wider audience about their smile and oral health and it’s connection to patients’ mind, body and soul.
- Herbal hot and cold packs for neck support
- Blankets and pillows to support patients’ spines during a long visit
- Peaceful music that helps patients focus on relaxing during their visit with them
- Highest industry standards of sterilization and cleanliness
Excellence, Education, Quality, Innovation, Respect and a Joyful Balance in Life
Tuesday: 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Wednesday: 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Thursday: 11:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM - 1:30 PM
- Our office hours are designed to meet your scheduling requirements.
- One Saturday a month.
- We offer courtesy reminder calls to you 48 hours prior to your appointment and a 24 hour emergency call service.
Please contact our office and speak to one of our team members for specific insurance coverage information.
Our office provides:
- Prompt and accurate submission of all insurance claims on your behalf
- Flexible payment plans, including Care Credit
- Acceptance of all major credit cards, personal checks and cash
It is apparent that Dr Merriman works hard at making each visit to her practice a stress free experience. She and her staff are friendly, professional, and above all competent. Dr Merriman is exceptionally thorough and explores all treatment options with her patients, allowing them plenty of time to examine her recommendations before a treatment plan is pursued. We could not be more pleased with all aspects of Dr Merriman’s practice.
Dr. Merriman is an extreme professional. She helped me get over my fear of dental work. Her whole team they work as a team. The results and my mouth are amazing. I cannot thank Dr Merriman enough for giving me my smile back!