Louis R. Vita, D.D.S.
Louis R. Vita, D.D.S.
Dr. Vita offers all phases of general dentistry. He actively treats adult and adolescent patients who experience pain or other disorders of their Temporomandibular Joints, more commonly known as TMJ. Developing an appropriate diagnosis is not only necessary but critical to the proper treatment of TMJ.
- Seton Hall University, B.S.
- Georgetown University, School of Dentistry, D.D.S.
- United States Dental Institute, Certification in Functional Jaw Orthopedics and Orthodontics.
- Academy of General Dentistry, Fellowship Award.
- Piper Clinic, Certification in Advanced TMJ Disorders.
- Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Studies
- L.D. Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- Parker E. Mahan Facial Pain Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics, Certificate for Botox and Dermal fillers
- Align Technology, Certification Invisalign
- New Jersey Certified for Pharmaceuticals Injectables
- Attending Dentist and Section Chief for Hackensack University Medical Center’s Department of Dentistry
- HUMC Board of Trustees
- National Student Merit award, American Association of Public Health Dentistry, 1985
- TMJ Excellence award, TMJ Institute of America, 1989
- TMJ Excellence award, Bay Area Center for Craniomandibular Disorders, 1988
- America’s Top Dentist Award for TMJ/Facial Pain, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Garfield High School Academic Hall of Fame Inductee 2009
- Best of Clifton Dentistry 2007, 2008, 2009
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- New Jersey Dental Society
- Passaic County Dental Society
- New Jersey Academy of General Dentistry
- New Jersey Pankey Study Group
- American Equilibration Society
- L.D. Pankey Alumni Association
- Trigeminal Neuralgia Association
- American Headache Society
- Empire State Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Piper/McKee Study Club for TMJ Disorders
- American Academy of Facial Cosmetics, Board of Trustees at Hackensack University Medical Center
- TNA The Facial Pain Association
Dr. Vita treats patients with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS); a chronic pain condition where patients experience constant burning pain in different parts of their body.
The common symptoms of a TMJ disorder include:
- Headaches located at the temples, top of the head, or the back of the head
- Facial muscle pain and tightness
- Ear pain, clogging, and ringing
- Clicking or popping noises from the joints while chewing and opening
- Neck or shoulder pain
- Poor sleep quality
- Inability to open the mouth wide as in the past
- Poor posture
- Sensitive teeth and loose teeth
TMJ Services Offered Include:
- Thorough Consultation/History and Examination
- Appropriate testing to determine the most accurate, patient specific diagnosis
- Non-Surgical Treatment Options/Recommendations
Dental Services Offered Include:
- Dental Crowns and Caps – Metal Free, Zirconia ,Captek
- Dentures, Partial Dentures, Equipoise
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Non-surgical Bite Correction – Tekscan
- Invisalign Clear Braces
- Restorative Dentistry
- Inlays / Onlays, Gold or Porcelain
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Composite (tooth-colored) Fillings
- Porcelain Veneers
- Night Guards
Tuesday: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Thursday: 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Assistance is available to guide patients through the financial aspects of restoring the patient’s health. Payments for fees are accepted by cash, personal checks, VISA/MASTERCARD, or a special Dental Credit Card available through our office.
- For patients with dental insurance, staff members are available to discuss your coverage, which may offset a portion of fees for service.
You are the finest and only doctor to associate my neck problem with the apparent jaw problem. Because of your treatment, I have not had a headache in four months and I now understand what my problem has been for so many years. It is worth the trip to visit you.
…It is remarkable that my patients have had complete elimination of all pain and TMJ symptoms. …Dr. Vita is the greatest compliment to our general practice due to his expertise. I am very grateful to have Dr. Vita as my “go to” specialist when the need arises.
Dr. Vita is the first doctor I’ve ever met who so openly shows sincere concern for the pain his patients are in. I thank you for your time, expertise and most importantly your care and concerns and willingness to answer my myriad of questions. You are an example of what all doctors should be. I was told by so many doctors that I could not be helped and because of you, I am now pain free and finally have a quality of life. What a relief to be able to put my complete trust in you without questioning.
“THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I want to let you all know how much your kindness has meant to me. I am so happy since having the treatment you recommended and it already has changed the way I feel about each day. I never realized how much pain I lived with day to day. Now I feel great and my pain is minimal and your entire office was kind and supported me through it all. A simple thank you is not enough!”
“There aren’t words to express my gratitude for you taking my case. I feel extremely lucky to have found you and to be under your care. Without you and your center, I would have never improved. Thank you for being YOU. Your care and compassion for your patients is unbelievable.”
“Dr. Vita is the first doctor I’ve ever met who so openly shows sincere concern for the pain his patients are in. I thank you for your time, expertise and most importantly your care and concerns and willingness to answer my myriad of questions. You are an example of what all doctors should be. I was told by so many doctors that I could not be helped and because of you, I am now pain free and finally have a quality of life. What a relief to be able to put my complete trust in you without questioning.”