Dr. Paul Kovatis
The doctors at Orthopedic Spine and Sports Medicine Center have provided both quality and personalized orthopedic care since 1988.
Paul Kovatis, M.D.
Paul Kovatis, MD specializes in Foot & Ankle Trauma.
Dr. Kovatis treats all surgical and non-surgical disorders of the Leg, Ankle and Foot.
He also specializes in general Orthopaedics and Traumatic Injuries to the entire Musculoskeletal System; excluding Spine.
- UMDNJ- New Jersey Medical School
- Hospital for Special Surgery in NY
- “President, Medical Staff” Hackensack University Medical Center(Will be President of the entire Medical Board in 2014)
Chairman, Quality and Patient Safety Committee of the Board of Governors, Hackensack University Medical Center
- Co-Director: Foot and Ankle/Trauma Division, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hackensack University Medical Center
- Board of Governors: Hackensack University Medical Center : Assistant Treasurer
- Chairman: Quality and Patient Safety Committee
- Chairman: Conflict of Interest, Research Division, 2009
- Consultant: Hospital for Special Surgery Procare Network – Orthopedic care to retired professional athletes
- Orthopedic Representative, Credentials Committee, Hackensack University Medical Center, 2006-present
- Physician / Patient Satisfaction Committee, Hackensack University Medical Center, (Selection based on superlative patient and physician evaluations.) 2005-present
- Hackensack University Medical Center Medical Board: *Scheduled to be President of the entire Medical Staff in three years.
President-Elect, Medical Staff and Medical Board, Hackensack University Medical Center (to become President, December 2012)
- NJ Top Doctor – NJ Monthly 2007-2010
- Best Orthopedic Surgeon, Bergen County, Better Living Magazine 2002-2005
- Who’s Who in Healthcare and Medicine
- American Medical Association Physician Recognition Award with Special Commendation for Self-Directed Learning
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- Honor Legion Recipient, NJ Police, (Lifetime)
- Clinical Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Touro medical College
- 2007 – Present: Orthopedic Town Physician, Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey
- Founder, Hackensack University Medical Center “Kovatis Scholarship”, given to medical students
- Honored Citizen Citation, LIFETIME, from NJ Police Departments
- Dr. Kovatis’ articles and editorials regarding healthcare and orthoapedics have been published in various local and international peer reviewed journals and publications.
- Member, Peer Review Panel in Orthopaedic Surgery, New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company
Dr. Kovatis also treats second opinion patients, referrals from podiatrists, emergency room referrals and patients who require additional surgeries or reconstructions and salvages.
If you do not see your specific issue on the list below please contact our office as this is just a snapshot of what we can do.
- Ankle sprains / sprained ankles
- Chronic ankle instability
- Tendon ruptures
- Fractures of the foot and ankle
- Post-traumatic reconstructions
- Ligament reconstruction
- Post-traumatic infections
- Fractures of the heel
- Achilles tendon
- Bunions, hammer toes & corns
- High arch and flat feet
- Adult acquired flatfoot
- Flexible flatfoot in children
- Toenail deformities
- Chronic heel pain
- Chronic lateral ankle pain
- Ingrown toenails
- Plantar fascilitis
- Plantar warts
- Ankle pain
- Foot ulcers
- Foot pain
- Heel spur
- Ulceration and Skin Breakdown
- Neuropathy and Nerve Damage
- Fracture and Charcot Joint Changes
- All injuries to the leg including
- Severe trauma
- Tibia and fibular fractures, both acute and chronic
- Tendon ruptures
- Muscle tears
- Stress injuries
- Sports related foot and ankle injuries in professional athletes, dancers, and in recreational athletes
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Inflammatory arthritis
- Post-traumatic arthritis